Callaway Mavrik Sub Zero Driver
The MAVRIK is Callaway's suite of woods and irons for 2020. The range has been developed off the back of the success that Callaway had with their Epic Flash range. With the MAVRIK - Callaway has invested in a powerful new supercomputer which has significantly advanced their understanding of A.I. (Artificial Intelligence) and Machine Learning.
The latest innovations in the driver are led by a new Flash Face SS20 architecture, with a thinner face across a more expansive hitting area, helping to deliver ultra-fast ball speeds even on off-centre hits. The supercomputer operated for several weeks and generated thousands of virtual prototypes until it arrived with the new face that works specifically with the head of each MAVRIK driver.
The complexity of the MAVRIK Flash Face SS20 meant that a stronger material was required to stand up to the stress of each impact. Callaway has used FS2S titanium for the first in a clubface design. The FS2S titanium is incredibly light and remarkably strong - it is around 6 grams lighter than traditional materials.
Callaway's proven Jailbreak technology has again been utilised in the MAVRIK range of woods, this features two internal bars behind the clubface that connects the sole and crown to strengthen the face and promote faster ball speeds.
Like all of Callaway's Sub Zero models from the past five years, MAVRIK Sub Zero offers a remarkable combination of low spin and high MOI. Though getting both qualities into one driver was once unheard of, Callaway R&D continues to deliver on this rare combination. The slightly smaller (450cc) head features two interchangeable screws in the front and back, 14g and 2g, to promote changes to launch angle and spin-rate. It has a neutral ball flight bias and the lie angle is slightly flatter compared to the Standard and MAX models. Available in 9º and 10.5º lofts.
Fitted with 2 premium shaft options to choose from as standard, choose from the Project X Even Flow Riptide for a mid-high ball flight and the Aldila Rogue White MSI 60 for mid-low ball flight.
- New A.I.-designed Flash Face SS20 for fast Ball Speed across the face
- Maverick thinking fueled Callaway\'s new, A.I. designed Flash Face SS20, to promote fast ball speeds across a more expansive area in each model and loft.
- High-strength FS2S Titanium for consistent performance New face architecture required FS2S titanium, an extremely strong material that’s 6grams lighter than traditional titanium to promote optimal speed, forgiveness, and spin robustness.
Jailbreak + T2C Triaxial Carbon Crown For Ball Speed and Forgiveness
- Two internal Jailbreak bars connect the sole and crown to promote fast ball speed, and the significantly lighter carbon crown allows Callaway to redistribute weight for higher MOI.
- Unparalleled Sound & Feel From Acoustic A.I. Callaway used A.I. to design a sophisticated internal titanium rib system that fine-tunes the head to produce a deeper, highly satisfying sound.